View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #99
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Add Excalibur, Generation X, and maybe a Future Foundation spinoff down the road starring Franklin and Valeria (and Uncle Doom).
I could see X-Factor working as well. Exclalibur or Exiles would be cool. As long as these teams can stick out, the more the better imo. Gen X and New Mutants may be too similar, either could work but both may be overkill.

X-Force is def the best to test if the other team route will work with audiences imo. So I'm glad they are doing that first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
A FOX/Marvel Universe cannot compete with the MCU in terms of film variety or box office grosses, but they could put together a string of successful X movies spinning off of DOFP. The studio should extract as much in terms on concessions from Disney/Marvel as they can for the FF rights. I can't see FOX putting together a successful reboot of that film, the Surfer isn't viable as a stand alone, and the fact that Millar takes it back whenever he mentions a FF/X-Men crossover leads me to think that it isn't possible under the existing contracts. FOX should then focus on a few key properties that appeal to a variety of audiences and develop a star attraction that's not Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. I could see the following working going forward:

New Mutants - Younger skewing teen cast (PG ?) with Jackman, Grammer or Berry as headmaster. Set in present day.

X-Men - Continuation of 70s timeline from DOFP.

X-Force - Hard PG-13 or R set in present day. Reintroduce Deadpool and try to develop the character as a potential headliner.

Excalibur - Fantasy Adventure in present day starring Ellen Page's Kitty Pride (and Lockheed!)

Put out an X film annually, with Excalibur taking over after the First Class cast's third film. Try to develop another solo star. Rinse and repeat.
I think a Surfer film is definitely being discussed. That films been lingering for awhile and he's one of the bigger characters they have, with Fox looking to expand I wouldn't be surprised if one is immediately announced if F4 is a success. If F4 fails then thats that. No reason for Fox to keep throwing money if they can't make it work.

I think their main focus should be X-Men. Like you mentioned, there are just a ton of stories and teams to focus on.

Last edited by def28; 08-24-2013 at 11:51 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote