View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #99
Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Add Excalibur, Generation X, and maybe a Future Foundation spinoff down the road starring Franklin and Valeria (and Uncle Doom).
I could see X-Factor working as well. Exclalibur or Exiles would be cool. As long as these teams can stick out, the more the better imo. Gen X and New Mutants may be too similar, either could work but both may be overkill.

X-Force is def the best to test if the other team route will work with audiences imo. So I'm glad they are doing that first.
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
A FOX/Marvel Universe cannot compete with the MCU in terms of film variety or box office grosses, but they could put together a string of successful X movies spinning off of DOFP. The studio should extract as much in terms on concessions from Disney/Marvel as they can for the FF rights. I can't see FOX putting together a successful reboot of that film, the Surfer isn't viable as a stand alone, and the fact that Millar takes it back whenever he mentions a FF/X-Men crossover leads me to think that it isn't possible under the existing contracts. FOX should then focus on a few key properties that appeal to a variety of audiences and develop a star attraction that's not Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. I could see the following working going forward:

New Mutants - Younger skewing teen cast (PG ?) with Jackman, Grammer or Berry as headmaster. Set in present day.

X-Men - Continuation of 70s timeline from DOFP.

X-Force - Hard PG-13 or R set in present day. Reintroduce Deadpool and try to develop the character as a potential headliner.

Excalibur - Fantasy Adventure in present day starring Ellen Page's Kitty Pride (and Lockheed!)

Put out an X film annually, with Excalibur taking over after the First Class cast's third film. Try to develop another solo star. Rinse and repeat.
I think a Surfer film is definitely being discussed. That films been lingering for awhile and he's one of the bigger characters they have, with Fox looking to expand I wouldn't be surprised if one is immediately announced if F4 is a success. If F4 fails then thats that. No reason for Fox to keep throwing money if they can't make it work.

I think their main focus should be X-Men. Like you mentioned, there are just a ton of stories and teams to focus on.

Last edited by def28; 08-24-2013 at 11:51 PM.