View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #119
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
its clear that DOFP boxoffice will determinate the future of the franchise.

If it makes a huge impact, we can be sure that they will exploit this universe more than ever.

with X-Force being the first new spin-off.

Im sure with a really great cast and badass/cool script, the movie will do fine. And with a decent budget (around The Wolverine budget), it will get its money back. So a sequel would come some years later.

So that to me its pretty awesome, since it would mean X-Force, another main series sequel, and X-Force sequel, so that are three more movies for x-men fans in the next years, so we would have a pretty big universe right there.

Cant wait to see X-Force already and those new characters bringing fresh blood and new stories to the franchise. It will be pretty fun!
Yes, DoFP will decide a lot of things.

If it's goodbye to the OT cast, then that means a First Class 3 set in the 80s and that the F4 reboot also needs to be set in the 80s.

It's hard to see a F4 reboot being set in a dystopian future with Sentinels or Apocalypse.

I think it would be great to see the F4 go into space to investigate energy disturbances that came from the death of Dark Phoenix in X3. But I don't know how the timeline would allow that to happen.

My idea is some sort of trail of energy travelling from Alcatraz into space. Scientists detect the energy and the F4 are sent to investigate it. It would be the Phoenix Force, the source of all her power. Although the Phoenix was different in the movies - another personality rather than a cosmic entity - Jean had to be getting all that power from somewhere. So they could say there was a cosmic force that she tapped into.

Then the F4 could be transformed by that force. They don't have the X-gene so they aren't 'Homo superior' mutants but they are 'mutates' and that could be an interesting part of the story.