View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #124
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Do the original contracts prevent a crossover? Even if it did I'm sure Marvel would let it happen on the condition that FOX share the love...
Ffs I just hate the idea of two Marvel Cinematic Universes, why can we not all just be one big happy family?
I'm not sure whether or not a crossover is possible under the existing contracts. But with Milllar backtracking my guess that it is, at the very least, a grey area. Marvel sold the rights separately and could argue that combining the two separate character families is contrary to the spirit of the original agreements.

Due to horribly lopsided contracts Marvel signed in the late 90s, Marvel is making next to nothing from the X-Men characters and have little incentive to assist in the success of FOX's X-Men series. In fact, it is in Disney's best interests for the series to fail so that the character rights revert. Sony cut a deal with Disney/Marvel that put the two studios on good terms, so hopefully a similar deal will be cut with FOX and put us closer to the "one big happy family" scenario.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote