View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #119
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
They never say that all of the new scenes are about Loki. Tailor just said that they shoot more scenes for the movie and than moved to the resent example - scene with Loki. Befor that they filmed scenes with Darcy, Sif & Odin - "all those scenes are with Loki!" is just wistful thinking of his fans, so there is no need to worry.
phew lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'm just finding it so funny how oblivious Tom is to having a legion of fans.
Actually, after SDCC, it seems likely he is very aware, just doesn't speak of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I just stumbled across this on Tumblr: Petition to Marvel Studios to produce a film based on the character Loki, portrayed by Tom Hiddleston on Change.org.

Surprisingly, the petition only has 8,569 signatures so far. Loki's Army must be on vacation.

One question I have about a Loki movie is: Who would be the hero? With Loki you already have a villain, so who will he face off against? Or would it be a fangirl's redemption fantasy instead, casting Loki as a hero (or at least an anti-hero) and bringing in another villain for him to battle?
Eh, it's not going to happen. Fiege said they have things planned till 2021. They have a story to tell. Which means they have certain characters to introduce more than likely. If a Loki movie has already been planned ahead of time to fit into the story they are trying to tell, then okay, it'll work.

But how I see it, again, they have a story to tell over the next 5-8, and unless it was already planned to fall into place, they aren't going to sacrifice a slot, or another movie just to satisfy his fans. Most definitely a one shot or something.

Loki works best as a supporting character in a Thor movie. That's who he is, especially in the MCU where we don't have 100s of comics where there can be a bit of leniency. I don't think I would enjoy a Loki movie, it would feel too out of place and too forced. I think he's at his absolute best as a Thor villain. Or scheming.