View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
And the diversity.
If they want diversity, they should bring in Latino and Asian supers to the team and movies. As it is, they are ridiculously underrepresented in the movies even in supporting roles.

The only ones I can think of are Hogun, the asian reporter in the Hulk movie and the Latino fruit vendor in Iron Man 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's just it, though: War Machine is more than a supporting character. He's a West Coast Avenger, and he even spun off his own solo series for a time. There's a tendency to dismiss Rhodey as just "the black Iron Man," but he's more than that. And there's nothing wrong with Avengers getting twice the battlesuit firepower, either. They could certainly use the help.
He was barely a West Coast Avenger. I don't know why people associate him more with the WCA than Tony. Rhodey joined the team in the first 4 limited series issues, before Tony took over for the rest of the time until he remade them into Force Works.

As far as War Machine in A2, no he shouldn't be in it except as a cameo for Rhodey without the suit. Iron Man is more than enough and with Wanda and Pietro joining the team, it would become too crowded with WM.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote