View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #408
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Well its not A CBM but I saw Elysium last night and that was a bit of a dissapointment too. The rate this year is going TW is not just going to be my CBM of the year but my overall movie of the year!! Although I think that says more about the competition than anything else but still never expected that on Jan 1st. Still, few more films to come this year so we shall see but I have been dissapointed a lot this year it seems.
The problem is that there are so many movies that it makes viewers fussy. I didn't bother with Kick-Ass 2 (it didn't seem to offer anything new) and I'm not bothering with Elysium (doesn't seem that fresh either). It's partly because I've had my fill of sci-fi and comic book movies this year. There's a limit to how many times you can feel the need to rush to the nearest cinema.

Studios are going overboard with the number of films they are releasing. And, at the same time, the marketing for many films is very poor.