View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #409
BlackFox
Name on the trophy?

Default Re: Do you think The Wolverine could be the best 2013 superhero film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The problem is that there are so many movies that it makes viewers fussy. I didn't bother with Kick-Ass 2 (it didn't seem to offer anything new) and I'm not bothering with Elysium (doesn't seem that fresh either). It's partly because I've had my fill of sci-fi and comic book movies this year. There's a limit to how many times you can feel the need to rush to the nearest cinema.

Studios are going overboard with the number of films they are releasing. And, at the same time, the marketing for many films is very poor.
You could be right, I was discussing this with friends at the weekend, we have been to the cinema more times this year than any other year ever I think (the main reason being it is so cheap for us now we don't have to worry about the price like once before) but in terms of how many great films I have seen I think there was more last year when I only went a few times. This year seems to be more about quantity rather than quality as you say.

However I think these things go in cycles, you have some bad years and some good ones, plus not everyone will feel the same, some will think this has been an excellent year, unfortunately for me I don't agree but that maybe just the films I have choosen to see or been able to.

I don't think there were many sci-fi films last year so was really looking forward to Oblivion and Elysium, so its not like I had reached my limit, but neither were quite what I had hoped.