View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #81
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Merchandise

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I wouldn't worry about all this stuff.

Yes, Marvel/Disney tried to get Galactus and Silver Surfer (part of the Fantastic Four package - as are the Skrulls, who therefore couldn't be used as the aliens in Avengers) in exchange for prolonging the rights to Daredevil.

So Fantastic Four is more than four dull characters
The Galactus thing was never confirmed and the Skrulls can be used by both companies. Kevin Fiegie confirmed.

I think the Dull thing was a bit too much. Its just that the F4 are more not known for the grand action spectacle like the xmen and avengers, they are similar to Doctor Who in that they both have sci fi adventures in space and time. Sure there are small burst of action and good PG rated comedy (literally the only 2 current comics i let my kid read, she doesnt get it but likes to see the art and aliens) but the difference between Dr Who and the F4 is that Dr Who isnt a Superhero, there's nothing to compare him too. The F4 compete with the other SuperHeroes and frankly whilst their adventures are smart, family friendly and funny they just dont carry that same action and spectacle the other heroes have. Would kids rather see the F4 than the 1000's of other more action packed heroes Marvel have to other. I personally think that, if done properly Heroes 4 Hire, The Runaways and an R-Rated Punisher could make more money at the BO.

GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote