View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #38
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
How can he use the Mark I since he blew all of his Armors up.
He didn't blow up the blueprints. It's reasonable to assume he can rebuild any armor he ever created not only from existing blueprints, but also from memory. He created the Mark I IN A CAVE!!! WITH SCRAPS!!!! And then proceeded to create about 40 brand new armors in the fevered span of just a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I wonder how they would even explain Jarvis turning into Ultron. Are we talking about Jarvis being corrupted by Extremis, Thanos messing things up covertly, HYDRA, AIM, the possibilities are endless.
Exactly right. People are too quick to go for the obvious route (Tony Stark creates Ultron, Jarvis turns into evil Ultron, etc.), and Joss Whedon is *not* the kind of guy who does that. These quotes about "the Avengers creating Ultron" and Stark having a hand in it and Jarvis "becoming" Ultron are just as likely to refer to indirect involvement, and they'd still be accurate statements. Tony Stark doesn't have to turn into Dr. Frankenstein, nor Jarvis into HAL9000 to make this work.

Someone or something else can still be the ultimate source and creator of Ultron, and Ultron just uses Stark and/or Jarvis as an outlet. As I keep saying (again and again and again, but nobody listens), Ultron did *just that* in the Mighty Avengers arc by taking over Stark's cyborg Extremis armor, effectively making Jarvis and Tony his *****. (Literally.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014