View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #58
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

So there has been som interesting things brought up.

1. Odin is in the same league as Galactus but he isnīt as powerful. As someone said, Odinīs powers fluctuates and so does Galactus (if he misses his galactic mealtime). So I guess they are even enough to challange eachother but IMO Galactus is generally stronger. Also, raw power isnīt everythign in a fight.

2. The hand being cut off and Thorīs destroyer looking like arm in the recent 11 issue of Thor, yeah that would be awesome. Jaqua, I also thought about that when I first saw King Thorīs arm. I think itīs a little early to cut his arm so maybe it was a vision of when Thanos (TA 3) or Surtur (Thor 3) cuts it?

3. Iīve read a lot Thanos recently and his powers are crazy. If we just compare their physical power, Thor does stand a small chance. But Thanos is all about knowledge so he would win.

See, Thanos before draining the cosmic cube or getting powers from Miss Death is extremely strong. This is partly because he was born strong but also because of his cybernetic enchancements that I donīt know any details of. We know that the cosmic entity Chronos once was a being walking around casually. Olympus was at war. It was Chronos and Oceanus that fought a dude called Uranus who was a mmad titan warrior. Anyways Chronos had 2 sons. Zeus and the Mentor. Zeus embraced the way of the old titans as a warrior whilst The Mentor was like Kronos (all about peace, Chronos swore to never use violence after the war against Uranus killed so many). One peaceful experimenting day one of the cosmic cubes exploaded and blasted Chronos with it but he was so strong that he didnīt die so he merged with the universe. Anyway, somehow Zeus took Chronos throne of Olympus and The Mentor was cast out and went to titan where war had destroyed the place but one woman had survived. Together they rebuilt Titan with the peaceful ways of Chronos. The Mentor and his son Eros kept the peace going for along time but his other Son Thanos as you might guess, inherited the war side of the family.

Itīs not exact science but in my book Thor Odinson was born naturally stronger than Thanos but he wasnīt as intelligent, but still more powerful. Thanos, son of the brother of Zeus, should be weaker since the likes of Herc are weaker than Thor (correct me if I am wrong). Thanos intellect allowed him to enhance himself so that when we first see him in IM (50 something I think) with the blood brothers he is already stronger than Thor. I am thinking about Thanos fight with the EON boosted Captain Marvel.

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-28-2013 at 08:12 AM.