View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #243
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: William Fitchner IS The Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanged-Hunter View Post
The more I'm seeing about the movie information, the more I'm starting to wonder....

Is Fichtner REALLY playing Shredder? When asked if his character was Japanese, Fichtner kind of hesitated and said he thought it would be better to see how things unfold in the movie.

Could they actually be setting us up with a proxy Shredder who is defeated at the end and sets the stage for Oroku Saki to come to New York himself in a sequel? Sort of how Ken Watanabe was billed as Nolan's Rhas al Ghul only for Liam Neeson to actually be the real Rhas?

So much info seems to be giving honorable nods to the comics, cartoon, and past movies
while still setting up its own direction, I just can't help but wonder if Fichtner isn't really playing THE Shredder we're thinking of.
Speaking of the famous Batman films.
I can only speak for myself really but, I saw neither an Arabic man nor did I see Arabic iconography outside of the name "Demons head" itself during the course of Begins. I might be missing something but neither the man they got to play Ra's nor his decoy appear to be of Arab anything.

I suppose a big movie about an arab terrorist would have been pushing it post 911 but still. Fan boys let it go, probably because they saw the film and liked the film. Fan boys seem to not be letting this equal measure change go because they have seen the film and......

Perhaps the wait and see approach might be more appropriate.