View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #50
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

It will be SO interesting to see how this "I Am Iron Man" motif plays out with Ultron or whatever. I highly doubt Tony Stark will make anything that he's already made. If he makes a non-AI suit now, using something other than scraps... it should/could be pretty awesome (especially if it's all gold!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Exactly right. People are too quick to go for the obvious route (Tony Stark creates Ultron, Jarvis turns into evil Ultron, etc.), and Joss Whedon is *not* the kind of guy who does that. These quotes about "the Avengers creating Ultron" and Stark having a hand in it and Jarvis "becoming" Ultron are just as likely to refer to indirect involvement, and they'd still be accurate statements. Tony Stark doesn't have to turn into Dr. Frankenstein, nor Jarvis into HAL9000 to make this work.
You're overcomplicating it. The Avengers create Ultron. It's that simple. Joss is not some cryptic speaker who refuses to do things that have been done before. What makes Tony Stark not Frankenstien is that Ultron is created by the Avengers... it's a team effort, it's personal to all of them. ((Side note: That is SO much better than one person being the creator, and thus, bearing all the emotional relevance during the climax of a film that's supposed to be a team thing.)) And JARVIS has already been HAL9000 in IM3... now it's time to take it a step further, which will be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If Ultron ends up being made of Vibranium it will eventually lead to this guy as part of Phase 3:

Cap's Shield, Falcon's Wings, and maybe Ultron made of Vibranium? And the possibility of some of the Avengers going to Wakanda to retrieve the Vibranium?

Yeah, he'll get his own movie. Can't have the Avengers going to Wakanda and not have their king.

If a Black actor has been cast in this film and he's not Ultron and signs a multi film contract, then we know who it is going to be, especially if part of the plot calls for SW and QS to go to Wakanda to retrieve some more Vibranium.
Could be an interesting cameo. I don't see them saddling a Black Panther film director with a main actor that they have no influence in casting. I suspect, if we see a Black Panther, it will be T'Chaka... it's also possible that he might die here, which would be weird going forward as well.

Now... if Whedon has actual plans for T'Challa and is going to make him an "Avengers character" like Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, then, hey, go for it.