View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: Steven Spielberg calls the Nolan Batman movies beautiful art films

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
"Batman" fans will turn on it if Affleck really delivers and Bats vs Supes + the first solo film wins over that crowd. But the trilogy will always be remembered. As time goes on, fans will see Rises in a better light, which is what happens with all things controversial. Music or film.

Critics liked Rises and so did general audiences. Fans nitpick it to death but that doesn't matter. It makes Spider-Man 3, the 3rd X-Men look like crap (even more) despite its flaws.

Even if hardcore Batman fans don't like TDKR...it still has an incredible score, cinematography, acting/cast, and amazing action on a massive scale so that's what the movie has going for it. Compare that to all the comic book movies or action/franchise sequels that get mixed or terrible reactions. All those movies usually have nothing going for it in the field of "filmmaking".

Then there's BB, which is highly regarded as the greatest origin film, or one of them, of all time. TDK will forever be remembered as the greatest comic book movie of all time and probably wont be knocked off unless a future Batman movie comes, stunning everyone silent. Which may be a while.

So the trilogy will take some blows if Affleck delivers but they wont last. The trilogy will stand the test of time. And as soon as a Batman movie falls on its face again (itll happen)...the first thing people will do.....is look to these movies and smile.

When Spielberg, Refn, P.T Anderson, Rian Johnson, James Cameron and God knows what other directors give the entire trilogy HIGH compliments...it speaks volumes.
I personally did not like Rises but I can't see the trilogy getting the type of slack Rami apparently has got. Spider-Man 3 was not generally liked by the audience and fans. It appears on the worst CB Films ever and even Empire's readers voted it the 50th worst film ever. Other than users here or some blogger on IGN I can't find anything like that for Rises.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote