View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #265
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Who thought SM2 was Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
You've used this as damning evidence of how awful MJ was before.Having watched the film again recently,I can't see this "hateful jealous" look you describe.Disappointed,frustrated,dejected-OK."Hateful"? I'm guessing you haven't seen the film since the theater,and if that's the case,you ought to at least check out the scene again.
I've seen the movie in theaters, and I have it on blu-ray, too. I stand by what I said. She throws him a dirty jealous look.

Quote:
Again,as I said before MJ was testing her feelings for JJ against her kiss with SPIDER-MAN-NOT PETER.It's not like she was dating/semi-engaged to Peter like they were in SM 3.How you can not see a difference is beyond me,but far be it from me to try continually to convince you.
BS. She was using the sacred amazing kiss on a guy she doesn't even love. If she has to kiss a guy upside down to know if she loves him or not then she's even more shallow than I gave her credit for.

Quote:
Again,it's more a story contrivance.Not a particularly effective one to be sure,but it's not beyond the realm of plausibility that she believed she was protecting Peter.There should've been a scene to cement that fact.
I know the movie expects us to believe she was protecting Peter, but unless she only has two brain cells floating around her head, then she should have clearly seen that was not the way to do it since there wasn't a damn thing to protect Peter from Harry just because she's broken up with him. Not to mention she KNOWS Peter can handle himself. He doesn't need protecting. But he sure as hell needs a warning when someone he thinks is his best friend is out to get him.

Quote:
She ends up kissing Harry due to a little thing called "drama" that writers like to introduce into stories every so often.
What drama did that add to the story? Nothing. The kiss is never mentioned again, meaning MJ was made look like a loose lips harpy again for no reason.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote