View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #72
Mr. Dent

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I was going to respond to him, but you took the words right out of my mouth. With SW and QS already on board, there's no time to include the amount of story you'd need for BP.

Also, yes, the Avengers are hurting for a more diverse squad. In a bad way.
I never said he'd be in Avengers 2. I meant an Avengers movie in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
The main reason I believe that is because the films are... crowded, and apparently will only become moreso. Someone is only getting twelve minutes of screentime, new guys, especially those being introduced for the first time in a team up movie are the likliest sacrifices.

Yes, a Wakandan adventure would answer the problem for Black Panther, but, that has kind of the same problem as a Hank-Pym Ultron, you make a team up movie about one new less-popular character and it limits the story. A stop/scene in Wakanda could be awesome, an Avengers movie set in Wakanda is just way too limited, in scope and scale, imho.
I see where you're coming from with the Hank Pym/Ultron comparison but I think a BP/Wakanda situation would be different. The Pym/Ultron thing doesn't make sense on a whole other level in the MCU because you'd be bringing in a character who's not an Avenger to make a villain that's supposed to come from within the Avengers, it's counterintuitive to the point of Ultron. With BP/Wakanda, it would be like a globe hopping adventure to a foreign land, and because Black Panther is so tied to Wakandan culture, he'd flow naturally as an element within the story without it feeling forced.

Quote:
A couple, a million, Forbes, fansites, potato-potahto. It's not life or death obviously, but it's part of adapting something for modern audiences. I would call it an issue that needs to be addressed, as much as any of the 'minute' things about filmmaking that can take a movie from good to great.
Avengers was great though. :/

I just don't see it as a problem. I'm black and I don't even care how many black people they have in it.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE