View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #505
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Did any of you read the latest issue of CA, it will be "controversial" to say the least.
I haven't read the whole issue but I did see the preview. Will it be controversial? On one level it might, but in general I don't see it causing much of an uproar.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sharon has been Steve's off-again/on-again love interest for almost 50 years, but I don't think that she is very popular. She's no MJ or even Pepper Potts. Sharon also has the baggage of having shot Steve and also recently killed his adoptive son, a move that was completely gratuitous on the writer's part. Presumably he was dirtying her up to prep for offing her. So while killing Sharon off -- unnecessarily -- could be controversial because it's another case of "fridging" the hero's girlfriend to create story for him, she probably doesn't have a lot of devoted fans who will be outraged.

Sharon's death will open the field for Steve to have new relationships, however, which is probably the point of it. One writer was playing around with pairing Steve & Wanda, or so I've read. Getting rid of fifty years of a relationship that never went anywhere makes way for better possibilities. However, the writers Marvel currently has aren't really capable of crafting an interesting relationship for Steve, IMO. He'll probably end up in bed with Zola's daughter if the past is anything to go by.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote