View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #79
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So, how would you go about adding diversity to the Avengers? I don't think adding War Machine and Falcon would be popular options, but if they don't ever plan on adding Black Panther, Monica Rambeau or Luke Cage or Ultimate Janet Pym, it's the only way to go.

Why wouldn't War Machine or Falcon be popular options? If you're talking about in the online fanboy community maybe they wouldn't be, for reasons I cannot fathom since both are longtime Avengers. But Marvel has to consider fans of the MCU as a whole, not just hardcore geeks. War Machine has co-starred in two Iron Man films that cleared $1.9 billion worldwide; Falcon is going to figure prominently in CATWS. Both have been Avengers in the comics. Adding one or both would be a logical move somewhere down the line.

I honestly do not understand the online fan community sometimes. Most agree that Marvel should add minorities and women to its films, but when it does those particular characters aren't what a lot of fans want. Marvel includes Black Widow in TA? People start agitating to kill her off or get rid of her because they want some other female. War Machine and Falcon are added to the MCU? Well, don't put them in the Avengers because there are other Black heroes fans like more. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense and it's ****ing annoying.