View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #319
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
My opinion.

Luthor salvages the damaged genesis chamber from the crashed scoutship and
creates Bizarro ( an imperfect Superman clone). Someone else suggested that Lex also creates Kryptonite (also from salvaged Kryptonian tech) so he has a perfect weapon to deal with his creation, and keep him in line.

As Bizarro is a Superman clone, he has a degree of Superman's memories, which could lead to great scenes with both Diane Lane and Amy Adams, having
to cope with a creature who thinks he's Clark.

Also, Bizarro as a villain means that epic fist-fights are possible, and Supes has to re-live the choice he made with Zod, except maybe this time Bizarro
actually destroys himself (possibly self-sacrifice, as he has some of Supes' better qualities too -possibly to protect Supes from Kryptonite or to protect Lois, Ma Kent or some other important character).

Regardless, I see a lot of story possibilities for Bizarro, and his origin story would easily fit within the continuity of the first film.

So there's my pitch for Bizarro ! Are you listening Goyer ?

Peace.
I love the idea of having Bizarro as the main villain, not in this Superman/Batman movie, but in a future MOS movie.

*This happens off screen* Lex sets up Superman, he walks into a room and then it suddenly fills with that suspended animation thing from Krypton. Then he releases Bizarro once Supes is neutralized.

The audience doesn't know these things happen. Bizarro doesn't know he's not the real Superman. That could be the movie. Clark/Superman acts weird, has much different methods from what we've come to know(injuring, killing with no remorse), but it's still Clark/Superman so no one suspects anything, at least at first.

Lois and Martha eventually suspect something is wrong, find out the truth at the same time the audience does. Flashback to the real Superman scene where he gets trapped in suspended animation. Bizarro also finds out the truth and breaks down and has one of those "nooooooooo" moments that Superman had in MOS. Everything he knows is a lie, his life is a lie.

He then starts transitioning into absolute madness.

Eventually he finds out where Superman is being held and releases him. He wants to show the world who the better Superman is, so he releases him to have a very public fight to the death.

Could even throw a second villain in there for Bizarro to deal with while he's assuming Clark's life. This is the one you could show in the trailer and all the promos so no one suspects Bizarro is really Clark/the villain.

Last edited by Masone; 08-29-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote