View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #85
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
WM, Falcon and Widow already exist in the MCU and will be very familiar to audiences, and so far have been popular with general audiences. T'Challa and Carol, if and when they're introduced, are still unknown quantities in every sense of the word. Why wait around for "better" (allegedly) superheroes to get called up when you've already got these on deck or in the batter's box? Play 'em, coach.
Maybe I'm missing the GA clamoring for more Falcon (how is that possible?) and WM. Could be, but I haven't seen those sentiments out in the wild. I still hold that you go for better over what's more convenient.

And for the record, I'm not saying that Widow should go. I think you should add BP and Danvers ahead of WM and Falcon. They're more powerful and more interesting, which trumps familiar any day of the week. It won't take long for people to fall in love with them.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS