View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #917
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
If they can delay production that long then we've lost.
Solidarity my brothers! We must oppose the Foxtastic Four at every turn!

I guess anything's possible but I would be extremely surprised to learn that Marvel signed a contract that would've allowed one of their premier properties languish for a decade. If that's the case Marvel was either very desperate or foolish (or both) or Fox paid them a very pretty penny. Who knows? None of us are privy to the details.

However, I have to admit hearing how Marvel let the Silver Surfer rights go AGAIN in the 21st century well after their bankruptcy makes me question the decision makers here. It's not like we got an epic Galactus saga out of the deal. And now we have Thanos without Galactus. The fans got screwed. Twice.

In the end, I'm of the mindset that the rights don't necessarily have to revert for us to get the FF franchise we deserve. This whole X-Men/FF shared universe chatter is just pure nonsense. We all know they belong in the MCU. Universal and Paramount both worked out production/distribution deals with Marvel Studios. Why can't Fox? As Jackman would say "Happy Days!" Make it happen!