View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #358
jacobed
Earned the Power of Love

Default Re: Neill Blomkamp’s next project... ELYSIUM? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map of Scars View Post
People need to learn the difference between rapid editing and shaky cam. While there was some hand-held camerawork in the film, there was hardly any straight up shaky cam.

I thought the action sequences were terrific. Particularly the heist sequence. My only complaint about that was that it was too short. But other than that, it currently stands as my personal favorite action sequence of the year.

Also liked the final fight between Max and Kruger. Especially the aesthetic of the location. Just wish there was more to it than hand to hand combat. But I definitely had no troubles following who was hitting who. Thought it was well above average as far as a fist-fight goes.

Certainly beats the hell out of seeing another huge city being demolished for the hundred billionth time.
No this is shaky cam. Quick editing is what Bay does in Transformers to keep the cg costs down. This has decently long cuts but you can't tell what in the world is going on because the camera operator has no idea what he is doing. Also not very many movies have cities being destroyed so ill take that over this mess anyday of the week. Had the action been clear, it would have been pretty good.