View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #24
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

I know I'm going to get rapped on the mouth for this but I finally got around to reading LL:MOS and was left pretty unimpressed overall. I think there are some really great character insights, but it's the same way I feel about Morrison's work. I have to wade through a weak narrative and too smart for it's own good plot to get those insights. Now I think the way Luthor is presented in that story is very good and it would be a good place to start for an actor doing research.

For myself I think I would add to the actor's homework the issue from Byrne's run where Luthor is presented with all the evidence that proves Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same. Luthor's world view and arrogance just wouldn't allow him to believe the absolute evidence. Brilliant stuff and a great look into the psyche of a great villain.

The other material I'd say would be a must to read is the issue of All Star Supes with Clark interviewing Lex and of course the last 2 issues of All Star. I may not love every thing Morrison has done but those last 2 issues are almost perfection (I can't say that about the other issues. That's just me.) and the exchange at the end pretty much defines my own view on Lex and Supes' little eternal dance.

"You could have saved the world a long time ago..." Near perfection.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.