Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #512
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBone View Post
Thanks for the welcome xeno000.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Isn't this the second time Sharon has been killed? I seem to recall that she was killed off years ago but they brought her back saying she wasn't really killed just captured. And while I like Sharon I don't think she's very popular either. I see more and more people hating on her. While I think we'll probably see her again a some point, it could be years before we do. Does the timing seem weird to anyone that Sharon is killed off while we are all discussing how small her role might be in the movie? Just coincidence? Is BW still with Bucky in the comics?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sharon has either been killed before or just appeared to be dead. I honestly can't remember which, but whatever they did she stayed gone for years. I just checked the Marvel Wiki and read that Sharon was seemingly killed off and stayed "dead" for 16 years. So I was right, she was MIA for a long time, and that's when Steve dated Bernie Rosenthal and (stupidly) Diamondback. Why they bothered to pull the resurrection card for Sharon in the first place is a mystery. She'll probably turn up again in a few years unless the writers come up with another romantic interest for Steve.

When it comes to timing in the comics and the film universe, it's hard to say whether things are linked or not. Like you, I find Sharon's death in the comics suggestive of a move towards Natasha or another love interest in the MCU. On the other hand, many changes in the comics have nothing to do with their MCU counterparts. Age of Ultron is only giving its name to the film, not its plot. Thor was actually dead in the comics when the film Thor came out, I believe. So there isn't necessarily any correlation. But I do hope that there is in this case because I'm not keen on the Steve/Sharon relationship and would love them to drop it in the MCU. I hear that Wanda Maximoff is a nice young lady....

http://marvel.com/universe/Carter,_Sharon

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote