View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #105
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Default Re: World's Finest? Justice League? Reboot? No reboot? Solo Movies before or after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i don't find it ridiculous at all, but then again i don't live in a world where the hulk is a cultural icon. batman? yes. superman? yes. wonder woman? yes. spider-man? yes. hulk? nope. he's a lot closer to gl and flash then he is to those actual icons.
You're right about Spiderman, Batman and Superman. Add in Hulk and you've got the 4 most known superheroes to the general public.
No Idea where you pulled Wonder Woman from.

Growing up as a kid, Hulk is one of the biggest that everyone knows and always references, even 40 year old mums and 5 year old kids who have never seen a comic book in their life.

This is from someone who has never read a comic book. If you're talking about "cultural icon" for comic book readers, then you might be right, I wouldn't know.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I would argue that these days, Wolverine is probably ahead of Hulk, though not by a huge margin. He has had a whole bunch of movie appearances, after all: five to Hulk's three.
Actually, I would have to agree with this. I forgot about Wolverine. Since Hugh Jackman made all those movies Wolverine would have to be pretty high up the list too. Maybe even above Hulk.

TheJediBrah is offline   Reply With Quote