View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #72
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: the TIMELINE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
Yeah that's what I was thinking, although we've really only got that wiggy statistic on the Trask Website about sentinels produced between 1973-1996, which even I'll admit isn't definitive proof. It would explain why the X-Men were practicing against sentinels in the danger room though -- that would at least be consistent.
I really like this idea.

It also seems reminiscent of Terminator, which could explain why Singer felt compelled to speak with James Cameron. Singer himself has made it seem like he showed his ideas to Cameron because he wanted Cameron's take on whether his scenario "made sense" or not. But I wonder if he was also looking for Cameron's approval on a plot that bore a lot of similarity to Terminator.
And Cameron's plot bore a lot of similarity to the original Days Of Future Past... which came out first.

I mean, I'm not claiming that Cameron "copied" it, and I understand why Singer wanted Cameron's approval or input.

But Days Of Future Past came before Terminator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I guess so. It seems, then, that Sentinels did exist in the 'normal' past, at least until 1996 when the program was put on ice.
Would explain why they haven't been running around during the main trilogy.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote