View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #20
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: This Franchise Needs a Reboot Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
But there's just too much that is now messed up. Could they fix some of it with the "well the timeline was messed with, so things are fixed" plot point? Sure, but I'm not sure it would be enough...

Here are some things to think about...

1. Patrick Stewart is getting old, and having Xavier in the X-Men universe is usually a good thing. Guess he could be recast, but why not recast during a reboot.

2. Ian McClellan is getting old. We have not experienced Magneto in Genosha, or Magneto on Asteroid M. Why not recast during a reboot?

6. Hugh Jackman. I've loved his performances as Wolvie, but again, he's not getting any younger. If movies from the X-Universe are to be around for a while recasting at some point will have to happen.
These are silly reasons to justify a reboot, especially since they already have McAvoy and Fassbender playing Xavier and Mags. Not to mention, Jackman is still in fine form to play Wolverine if needed.

Quote:
3. Kind of hard to do the Phoenix Sage right since they have already done it so wrong, unless you reboot giving you the freedom to do it again.
They could certainly do another run at the Phoenix saga with a younger Jean Grey. Especially if DOFP makes some elements from X3 moot which I'm going to assume it certainly may. No one's going to be mad if Singer decided he wanted to do is own take.

Quote:
4. The Morlocks could make a great story, but they've totally ruined Leech and Callisto, both good characters for this story. Why would Leech take away Beasts fur?
Leech isn't a necessary member of the Morlocks that he needs to be in the movie. His powers are to remove other mutants powers and mutations within his general vinicity - why would that not result in a brief removal of Beasts fur, that is a part of his mutation.

As far as Callisto - I'm going to assume DOFP will possibly negate some elements from the previous franchise so she could certainly be introduced in a new or alternate timeline.

Quote:
5. Angel is such a wuss of a character. I would love to someday see Apocalypse turn him into Archangel, but in the current X-Universe that's not likely.
How is that not likely? Angel was briefly in a couple of scenes during X3, that doesn't mean they couldn't introduce him again in an altered timeline that will surely happen after DOFP.

Quote:
7. Emma Frost. Origins version = epic fail and even First Class's version wasn't so great. A reboot allows for both recasting and a new, better take.
They can just recast her in any subsequent appearances after First Class. No one is going to complain that they got another actress to play her in a later movie.

Quote:
8. Nightcrawler. Alan Cumming himself was good, but the character wasn't great. What was the need for all those tattoos? He needs to be rebooted as the swashbuckling version that goes off and helps create Excalbre.
Clearly you need to go back and watch X2. The point of his tattoos was a great plot point and added some depth to his character. He clearly states they are angelic markings from the archangel Gabriel, and Nightcrawler being such a religious person that made perfect sense and was a great touch.

Quote:
9. Cyclops. Bring him back. Guess this could be done with messing around with the timeline route.

10. Havok. Good character in First Class, but just threw the timeline requirements of that character out the window. Reboot and bring him back as the YOUNGER brother of Scott. This was he could be there for a relationship with...

11. Polaris. She's good, but mainly as a love interest, in the present, for Havok.
The Cyclops thing has already been touched upon multiple times. Havok potentially being older doesn't negate anything in regards to he and Cyclops relationship. In fact if I remember correctly, Ultimate Havok IS actually older than Cyclops and their relationship isn't any different.

Havok's origin in First Class doesn't really have any effect on Polaris either.

Quote:
13. Rogue. Reboot allows her to get Ms. Marvel's powers. Would love to see that.
With X1 & X2 being pretty much her origin story as well it made absolute sense why she didn't have her super powers and was accurate to the comics. She didn't gain her flight and superstrength for quite some time after her base powers activated.

Quote:
14. Cable. Hard to get him with Scott and Jean being dead. Guess they could fix that with the mess with the timeline route.
This is most certainly something they SHOULDN'T even begin to tackle. It's just completely unnecessary. I would be totally fine if they just say he's a time traveler and not Jean and Scotts son from the future. I can already see the eye-rolling in the movie theatre.

Quote:
15. X-Force without Cable would be a crime!
From everything we've heard about X-Force it certainly doesn't sound like Cable will be absent at all.

Every other point you made is pretty silly and things that can easily be rectified at any point.

Last edited by SuperT; 08-30-2013 at 04:36 PM.
SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote