View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #82
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
Not sure what films you're watching but I've seen significant progress between Iron Man 1 and The Avengers. And he's still not there yet but by the time we get to Avengers 3 he might be.

I dunno, seems like people enjoy RDJ's humor and attitude just as much, if not more, than the "repulsor-blasting". Especially if you've got a dozen other characters that can do that.

There's exactly one other character that can fire repulsors, so I'm not sure where you're getting a dozen.

As for Director of SHIELD: I see no evidence of a "story progression" anywhere in the Iron Man or Avenger movies that point towards Tony taking on that role at some point.

If anything, *Steve Rogers* is far more likely to assume that role by the end of CATWS than Tony Stark. He's actually got the chops and experience within the agency, as well as the level-headedness and leadership qualities to be promoted to the Directorate. That could very well be what Joe Russo was implying when he talked about "a very big shift at the end of this movie" for the MCU.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote