View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #83
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's exactly one other character that can fire repulsors, so I'm not sure where you're getting a dozen.
Wow, you actually took that literally.

Quote:
As for Director of SHIELD: I see no evidence of a "story progression" anywhere in the Iron Man or Avenger movies that point towards Tony taking on that role at some point.
If you're looking for someone saying "hey y'know Tony would be a good director of SHIELD one day" as a sign of progression then you're right. But rarely are things so obvious.

Quote:
If anything, *Steve Rogers* is far more likely to assume that role by the end of CATWS than Tony Stark. He's actually got the chops and experience within the agency, as well as the level-headedness and leadership qualities to be promoted to the Directorate. That could very well be what Joe Russo was implying when he talked about "a very big shift at the end of this movie" for the MCU.
I agree, Definitely. I didn't say Tony Stark would be the best, or most likely. I was responding to previous posters who mentioned it, and saying how interesting it would be.

TheJediBrah is offline   Reply With Quote