View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #993
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
No way is TDKR more exposition heavy than Inception. The first hour of Inception is exposition. But, fun exposition for the most part.
Exactly, it's fun exposition that's introducing us to a new, unique world. TDKR is the third in the series, yet it starts off by introducing us to all of these new characters (Foley, Dagget, Senator whatshisname, Miranda) that frankly aren't nearly as interesting as the old ones. Compare that with the beginning of TDK where though we get small bits of new characters (Chechan, MCU detectives, mayor, etc) but the focus remains on Batman and Gordon.

Quote:
TDKR is a pretty strong script. Definitely stronger than Begins in terms of dialogue. Jonah is the best dialogue writer of the three, and there's a noticeable jump in dialogue quality from BB to TDK/TDKR.
I'll disagree here. There's definitely better stuff in TDKR than in BB, but Begins wins out for me because it's consistent. TDKR goes from great dialogue all the way to "No! I came back to stop you!". It's all over the place in terms of quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
Did you ever think that maybe people try to "justify why you don't like TDKR", because you make posts like this that don't actually say anything?

"it just didn't work" and "it's with the way the story is told" aren't reasons. So I can't blame people for trying to "justify why other people don't like it" when those people don't give real reasons. Actually it would be weird if they didn't make some attempt to justify it.
That's because I was being general
After over a year of discussing this movie, I'm all reasoned out. If you're really curious about my opinion on specific parts of TDKR you can look at my post history.

Free Original Music