View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #995
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Exactly, it's fun exposition that's introducing us to a new, unique world. TDKR is the third in the series, yet it starts off by introducing us to all of these new characters (Foley, Dagget, Senator whatshisname, Miranda) that frankly aren't nearly as interesting as the old ones. Compare that with the beginning of TDK where though we get small bits of new characters (Chechan, MCU detectives, mayor, etc) but the focus remains on Batman and Gordon.
I'll give you that the new characters aren't as colorful as some of the supporting characters in TDK. Although I think Miranda adds some exotic and mysterious flavor to the movie, and I actually think like Daggett and Stryver were a lot of fun. I never felt like the movie was overly focused on the supporting characters though. And really, exposition and introducing new characters are two different things. Any given movie has to introduce characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I'll disagree here. There's definitely better stuff in TDKR than in BB, but Begins wins out for me because it's consistent. TDKR goes from great dialogue all the way to "No! I came back to stop you!". It's all over the place in terms of quality.
I think that line is more of an example of a somewhat cheesy line (and all three movies have them) that could've been cut all together as opposed to a flat out bad line. I mean, Bruce even tells Ra's in BB "I am gonna stop you!", so it's not like it's inherently bad for Batman to say something like that to the villain. Plus, I feel like important part of that line is him saying "No" in response to coming back to die. Part of the whole finding the will to live again angle.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158