View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #996
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think that line is more of an example of a somewhat cheesy line (and all three movies have them) that could've been cut all together as opposed to a flat out bad line. I mean, Bruce even tells Ra's in BB "I am gonna stop you!", so it's not like it's inherently bad for Batman to say something like that to the villain. Plus, I feel like important part of that line is him saying "No" in response to coming back to die. Part of the whole finding the will to live again angle.
I've said this in another thread, I think, but the problem with the "No, I came back to stop you!" scene is the way it's shot. I mean, it's like Bane's just waiting for Batman to deliver his cheesy line so they can start the fight. I believe that if they had focused on Batman only during that shot, it wouldn't have seemed so ridiculous.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html