View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #79
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Marvels biggest slap in the face!!!

The purpose of the film medium is to experiment and try different interpretations of characters and events. Doing panel-to-panel adaptations is unoriginal and defeats the purpose of film; why bother hiring some of the best creative minds, when the storylines can be done as motion comics? Besides, the notion of disservice is arbitrary; the comics are still present--Marvel is not going to take them away. If anything, being a fan of the comic genre - at a time when continuity is an illusion-presupposes an ability to accept and negotiate innumerable interpretations. If anything, the criticisms should be able successful executions of ideas, not devolving to a binary, where there is a 'yes' and 'no'; said binary is not present in the comics; half a century's worth of artists, regime changes, reboots, soft reboots, retcons, and everything in between have made made the characters and canon unstable, bound to change at any moment.

I am the Master of Fear! The Lord of Despair! Cower before me in witless terror! Worship me fools, worship me! Scream Hosanas of anguish to Scarecrow, the All-Terrible God of Fear!

Henry Cavill: The Best Live Action Superman
Arkham Origins: The Perfect Batman Origins Story.
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote