Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll
What are you basing that statement on? I think you may be failing to see the bigger picture here. Granted I doubt anyone cares if we see the Avengers face the Mole Man but this isn't about an Avengers/FF crossover. It's about some sanity in the Marvel Universe and being able to tell the best stories.
The Fantastic Four and its gallery of characters are extremely tightly intertwined with the characters that already exist in the MCU (or should very well exist soon). For instance:
- Black Panther/FF
- Reed/Illuminati/Planet Hulk (it was Reed's idea after all)
- Frightful Four/Medusa
- Namor/Reed/Sue (I don't care that Universal may or may not actually own these rights - there was the easter egg in Iron Man 2 and if Universal worked out a deal for Hulk I can't believe they are not going to work out a deal with the far riskier property of Namor. Plus how do you have the FF without Namor?)
- Namor/Human Torch/Invaders/Captain America (If Namor doesn't end up with the MCU what happens to this?)
- Thanos/Him/Warlock/Galactus/Silver Surfer/Infinity Gauntlet
- Defenders/Silver Surfer/Hulk/Dr. Strange/Namor
- Skrulls/Kree/Sentries/Ronan/Supreme Intelligence
- Annihilus/Annihilation Wave
- Hulk vs. Thing - a classic confrontation up there with Thor/Hulk and Thor/Hercules.
- Civil War/Negative Zone
- Doomquest/Dr. Doom vs. Iron Man
- Secret Wars/Avengers/Doom vs. Beyonder
- Doom vs. The Avengers
- Well Dr. Doom vs. pretty much everybody
Those are just some examples. Spidey has had some important stories to tell that overlap but not to the same degree. How he got his symbiote suit exactly is far less essential to the Secret Wars story than how Dr. Doom took down the freaking Beyonder. More than any property, the FF belong in the MCU. It surprises me that more Marvel fans don't realize this.
I don't think anyone is saying that FF would be better at FOX. I'm sure that there could be three solo films you could milk out of the FF without having to use characters outside of the contract. More importantly you should NEVER
wish a film to bomb.
What ever the outcome of this franchise be it with FOX or Marvel everyone should give the movie a chance.