View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #1002
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
You know, you might be right. Bale's delivery itself also seemed kinda cheesier than it needed to be. I'm wondering what the other takes were like.

BatLobsterRises, you mentioned the "I am going to stop you" line. Which I have to admit, on paper, is cheesy as hell. But Bale's delivery and the way that scene is cut never made me question it. So yeah, though I didn't realize it before, the way the "I came back to stop you" bit is shot is just as much of a reason why it doesn't work as the line itself.
Bale's delivery itself is fine IMO, despite the cheesyness of the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
The best retort Batman could have had to Bane would be exactly what he said to Ra's in BB: "It ends here". He could have even said "No...it ends here". It would have been a perfect throwback to Begins to boot.

But yeah, the whole exchange is just flat. It would have been better to have both Batman and Bane kind of circling each other in a primal way; while saying there lines and then they can start going at it. I'm really surprised it was shot the way it was.
As badass as that particular line was in Begins, I don't think it really would've worked here. IDK, I was picturing it my head during the TDKR scene and something felt off about it.

One way to make the entire scene/exchange better would've been to have had Batman glide-kick Bane out of the Bat. Although I suppose the mass brawl that was going on would've made such a course of action rather difficult.

One criticism I don't get concerning events happening towards the end of the movie is Catwoman stealing Batman's thunder by being the one to kill Bane (I believe one critic termed it as "there is nothing more emasculating for Batman" or smth along those lines). Umm, hello, he had just beaten the crap out of Bane just 5 minutes before the scene in question. Not to mention the fact that it could be argued that Bruce had essentially defeated Bane when he managed to climb out of the pit, something Bane never did. So in that sense, it's both a physical victory and a psychological one. Quite comprehensive, if I do say so myself.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html