View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Kimura
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
As clicheic as it is, going with the 'never say never mentality' in this case seems more prudent to me. As much as I love and cherish Nolan's trilogy, I can't exclude the very real possibility that there's probably going to be someone in the future who makes something even better. And it is very likely to be in a way totally different to the way Nolan and Co. handled the mythos.
I didn´t say never. I said "probably", wich is quite possible, having history into account.

I´m very happy with what we got. Nothing is perfect, and every movie could be a little better in some areas. But you gotta let that go to truly appreciate any movie.

I mean, what super hero movies are out there besides TDK that are really superior to Rises? They´re entertaining, but they´re also pretty much "more of the same". Rises isn´t perfect, but at least it tries to be something more than a straight forward and mindless super hero movie. At least we had a plot that got people wondering about what´s going to happen next. At least we had a good character developemnt. At least we had a movie about ideas and not just senseless action. Nolan deserves merit for that. Nolan deserves merit for breaking the mold and doing something that actually makes people think, instead of a simple explosion fest.

Kimura is offline   Reply With Quote