View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Banned User
Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
As clicheic as it is, going with the 'never say never mentality' in this case seems more prudent to me. As much as I love and cherish Nolan's trilogy, I can't exclude the very real possibility that there's probably going to be someone in the future who makes something even better. And it is very likely to be in a way totally different to the way Nolan and Co. handled the mythos.
I didn´t say never. I said "probably", wich is quite possible, having history into account.

I´m very happy with what we got. Nothing is perfect, and every movie could be a little better in some areas. But you gotta let that go to truly appreciate any movie.

I mean, what super hero movies are out there besides TDK that are really superior to Rises? They´re entertaining, but they´re also pretty much "more of the same". Rises isn´t perfect, but at least it tries to be something more than a straight forward and mindless super hero movie. At least we had a plot that got people wondering about what´s going to happen next. At least we had a good character developemnt. At least we had a movie about ideas and not just senseless action. Nolan deserves merit for that. Nolan deserves merit for breaking the mold and doing something that actually makes people think, instead of a simple explosion fest.

Kimura is offline   Reply With Quote