View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #110
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Best Comic Book movie of the summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I really find it so hard to believe what's so deep about MOS. Maybe if Snyder/Goyer gave the characters some depth or story development, I would agree on that. But no. Like I said in page 3, the movie felt like a list of bullet points instead of a flowing story. With multiple viewings, it will not change that.
Well, the troubled Clark's childhood. In all honesty it kinda worked for a while. Then, they dropped the ball by having all Smallville knowing about Clark's powers.

And Jonathan's death, which was supposed to be powerful and meaningful but that, to me, was absolutely stupid. You don't have to die in the middle opf absolute chaos to show people Clark's not super-powered (it's not like they were paying attention) and there's no way in the universe Clark would have let Jonathan die, or at the very least not without a damn good reason - I admit I can't think of one - or some damn good obstacle stopping him. Now, if you're doing it anyways, then show us the consequences of it. Pa Kent died to stop his son from showing his powers to the world, next thing we know he's showing his powers to the world by saving people. What happened in between? How come he got over Pa Kent's death? What did it mean to him?

Well... but that's what I think people took as deep.

Quote:
With The Wolverine, the last act gets better and for some people who had a trouble following the story, it gets better too with multiple viewings.
I liked it that it was a nice well done action movie without trying to be more.

Quote:
With Iron Man 3, the movie is very easy to follow, but I think the Mandarin twist will just continue to leave a bad taste in people's mouth especially the fanboys and the film won't stand the test of time.
I wasn't too happy with (much like IM2) an Iron Man-less Iron Man movie. Then Mandarin twist came and destroyed whatever joy I was squeezing out of IM3.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote