View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #439
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
The origin side of the story in undoubtedly the best one. The tone is just great. problem is that, as you say, the film takes a lot of time to show us the hero in the outfit but when it does,... it doesn't really.

Well, many movies before BB weren't afraid to go all comic book mode. And you have to admit the impact of a tragic ending story. Hamlet was originally written with a happy ending (Hamlet gets married), then Shakespeare changed it to a tragic ending and nobody else bothered to remember the original story.

That said, the ending of BB (rooftop scene and Joker card) was phenomenal, but the Bruce/Rachel thing didn't end happily precisely, although not tragically either.
Never said they didn't, I'm comparing it to the other 2 Nolan films which I don't think ended as hopeful in my opinion. The second one ends with an excitement for what's to cone for sure but it's not a happy end and the third one ends where Bruce is no longer Batman so that's already a downer for me. But it's just my personal preference for what I call a happy ending and that's not to say he gets the girl just a it's gonna be alright etc.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote