View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #191
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
So we just had our Fantasy Football draft. Here is my team. I loved my first few rounds and feel like I struggled a lot after that, but I'm not that diverse in my football knowledge.

Thoughts?

QB
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

WR
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Mike Wallace
Chris Givens
Mohammed Sanu

RB
LeSean McCoy
David Wilson
Lamar Miller
Vick Ballard
Bernard Pierce

TE
Owen Daniels
Brandon Myers

K
Matt Prater

Defense
Rams
What is the make up of your league? 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and a flex WR/TE or a flex RB/WR/TE?

I think you have too much talent at WR, not enough at QB and RB. Your RBs should be decent however. Ballard is a decent backup and your starters are alright, so that should be okay. I think you need to consider trading a WR and Kaepernick for a better QB. Dalton is a fantasy backup, not a starter. And I am predicting Kaepernick to be a fantasy bust this year. He got lucky last year. Defenses didn't know what to expect from him or the read option. Now they've had a full off season, during which he has been public enemy number one. Don't get me wrong, he'll do. But since you have too much talent at WR, I would think about trading Green or Wallace with Kaepernick for Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or even Matt Ryan. Proven pocket passers will guarantee big fantasy points. A scrambling sophomore QB is just too big of a fantasy gamble, IMO. If you are going to go for a sophomore, maybe you can get a straight trade of Kaepernick for Andrew Luck, who I think will be a top 5 fantasy QB this season, if his owner in your league is buying into the Kaepernick hype.