Old 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #641
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

BTAS Episode: Birds of a Feather

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/599...nimated-series

Trivia
Quote:
  • This episode marks the first appearance of Veronica Vreeland.
  • This episode also marks the only time in the original series that Penguin changes tuxedos.
  • The Museum Robbery was adapted into the stage "Fowl Play" in the game The Adventures of Batman and Robin for SNES.
  • Penguin's quote: "'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" comes from Alfred Lord Tennyson's "In Memoriam".
  • The opera that Penguin and Veronica go to see, I Pagliacci, holds similar themes to this episode.
  • This is the first time one of Batman's enemies seriously tries to go straight. It also shows that the Penguin was willing to reform and would not have returned to crime had Veronica and Pierce left him alone.
  • The duck boat that Pierce lands in is a nod to the Tim Burton movie Batman Returns.
  • The streets Pierce is sent to are named after comic artists Steve Englehart and Mike W. Barr.
  • The plot of this episode shares some similarities with the French play Le Dīner de Cons, in which socialites invite an "idiot" to a high society party for the sole purpose of mocking him. However, the play originally premiered on September 19, 1993, seven months after this episode.
  • Bruce's line "Maybe the rumors of your reform were not exaggerated" is a paraphrase of Mark Twain's famous (mis)quote "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". The actual line was "The report of my death was an exaggeration".
  • When Pierce walks backwards out of the phone booth, the setting around him is different from what it was in previous shots.
  • In the end credits, Penguin is erroneously labeled as "Penquin."
  • When Penguin is seen in jail, the newspaper clipping on the wall reads, "Caged Again", with the word "Again" right beside "Caged". However, in the next shot, the word "Again" is printed underneath the word "Caged".

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: