View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #120
OcStat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvels biggest slap in the face!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
Are you sure you're not getting Fraction's IM story mixed up with the Knauf's?

Because what he is trying to accomplish in Haunted is going to very much kill him in the process. He's very clear about what his goals are and why he's doing it. He's trying to do something that he considers beneficial to mankind, its his villain morality which makes his plan heinous. If you want to dispute that you're welcome to of course but you're going to have give examples from that story to back up your argument.
I am not disputing his plan, but you seem to be implying he actually believed he was doing it to make the world a better place. I remeber him trying to smooth Maya over with that kind of talk but I don't recall Mandarin actually buying into it. Besides, forced Darwinism, makes him some kind of reformed humanitarian that doesn't have an ego and isn't arrogant?

That sounds more like Doc Ock in Spider-Man 600, whose plan in that issue was genuinely him trying to do a good thing for the city with his intelligence after failing so many times. (And even then his subconscious hate for Spider-Man ruined his plan). I don't recall Mandarin busting out of that Chinese prison for similar reasons.

Last edited by OcStat; 09-01-2013 at 01:46 PM.
OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote