View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #194
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion

Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
So we just had our Fantasy Football draft. Here is my team. I loved my first few rounds and feel like I struggled a lot after that, but I'm not that diverse in my football knowledge.

Thoughts?

QB
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

WR
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Mike Wallace
Chris Givens
Mohammed Sanu

RB
LeSean McCoy
David Wilson
Lamar Miller
Vick Ballard
Bernard Pierce

TE
Owen Daniels
Brandon Myers

K
Matt Prater

Defense
Rams
Quite frankly, you've assembled a pretty good team, considering your League's Roster Limitations. Lamar Miller is set to have an enormous year & LeSean is going to flourish in Chip's system. Megatron & Green is a MUST, I have to disagree with Matt's assessment on the primacy of options in a passing attack when it comes to Dalton. Matt Ryan has some decent recievers, notably Roddy but he feeds Julio first and most often. QBs have favorite targets and they're usually far more valuable than the rest, couple this with the fact that Dalton loves to throw and is very efficient with the ball when it comes to Green's targets and he's a far more reliable option than Mike Wallace. To be frank, Wallace was always there for the speed route, the home run, he's not an every possession receiver and I don't trust Tannehill in the least. Do NOT give up AJ Green.

I don't trust Kaep either though but there's a bright side on that note, by Week 2 or 3 you'll be able to see if he remains a dual threat. If he's still able to rack up points on the ground and through the air then you'll either keep him or his trade value will skyrocket. In the meantime, Dalton is a safe pick in a division where they may very well win out, they're young, confident, and full of talent. Don't be hasty with a trade for QB, you have a great prospect that everyone is high on, his value will not evaporate if you wait to see how the first few weeks play out.

Chris Givens, Ballard, & Meyers are all diamonds in the rough with the potential to be major players.

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions

"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote