View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #108
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Underrated CB movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Wait... Your saying Spider-Man 3 is better than Amazing? I've seen SM2 triumph over it and even seen a few think SM1 was better but never ever have I heard anyone say that about SM3. Please expłain why?
More that I think SM3 is full of both great moments and terrible moments. It has moments of pure comic book goodness, as well as some of the worst, most groan-inducing scenes ever committed to a big budget comic book film (albeit not B&R bad, though some fans insist on that).

The Amazing Spider-Man is uniformly mediocre across the board. It never reaches the depths of problems of SM3, but it never has a scene as good as the Birth of Sandman, the birth of Venom, or really any of the fight scenes in SM3 (save for the cheesy mansion brawl between Peter and Harry).

The Amazing Spider-Man does have great casting, but it's ultimately wasted. However, I can understand deference to TASM for not having any terrible dancing or crying sequences.

Another way to put it is that they are both probably bad movies. But I see more moments of quality in SM3 whereas TASM is just "meh" the whole time.

Only my opinion.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote