Thread: Venom
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #70
Spideyfan117
Yo When's Mahvel!?

Default Re: Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
The accident is what altered his mind. He wasn't naturally aggressive before his accident. Naturally aggressive...what else is that but evil? A person that is naturally aggressive either chooses that response or has no control due to lack of mental function. Otto was brilliant sooo...and he wasn't evil. Otto was just a person with a large chip on his shoulder and years of resentment from bad personal relationships. All Otto ever did was yell at his mom and hate his dad. I think he may have pushed a co-worker down? Once the accident happened, it altered his brain and he now had immense power. If he was naturally aggressive then he could have used the arms to do whatever before the accident. It's after the accident that he becomes Doc Ock...because his brain is altered.

Aggressive = Evil? Are you kidding me? I knew aggressive people in high school. Sometimes I was on the receiving end of their hostility. But I wouldn't call that evil. Yelling, insults, and the occasional shove in the hallway are aggressive. Not evil. Don't try to twist around the meaning of words to fit your argument (or in this case just for the sake of arguing?).

From Webster:

Definition of AGGRESSIVE

a : tending toward or exhibiting aggression <aggressive behavior>
b : marked by combative readiness <an aggressive fighter>
a : marked by obtrusive energy
b : marked by driving forceful energy or initiative : enterprising <an aggressive salesman>

Definition of EVIL

a : morally reprehensible : sinful, wicked <an evil impulse>
b : arising from actual or imputed bad character or conduct <a person of evil reputation>

And yes, those things you listed ARE aggressive actions. He thought of others as intellectual inferiors and voiced that opinion. He pushed his coworker. He was hostile towards his coworkers as best demonstrated, I believe, in his first appearance in The Amazing Spider-man #3. Spider-man Unlimited Vol. 1 (set in 616), also expands upon that. He was intentionally painted as aggressive from the get-go.

Spideyfan117 is offline   Reply With Quote