View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #189
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Robin or no Robin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I agree. Making him already Nightwing and having either Batgirl or Oracle, not unlike how the Arkham games have done it, is the best way, IMO. Makes things simple.

I don't think it is Schumaucher though so much as the concept of a little boy in bright colors fighting criminals. It is a very difficult image to take seriously on the big screen.
I agree. Personally, I like the way the Smallville Season 11 comic did Batman and Nightwing. They had Nightwing as Batman's partner, but Barbara Gordon was Nightwing and I would want Dick to be Nightwing in the movies like the comics. I could see Dick being 17 or 18, and being trained by Bruce for many years prior to becoming Nightwing.
Robin is hard to sell this day and time. Having a 10-12 year old boy, can't work on film. Robin works in animation and the live action tv series of the 60's, but with darker storytelling, I can't see Robin translating well on screen.

I could see Dick being a mixture of all the Robins (Dick, Jason, and Tim) and also Batman Beyond Terry McGuiness, in being a protege or intern at Wayne Enterprises, etc.

Last edited by Ceb-Man; 09-02-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Ceb-Man is offline   Reply With Quote