View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #634
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

He had the same reation because he felt what Erik was feeling. Erik's mom died. How is that not emotional LOL

That said, it's interesting that young Erik (and by extension Fassbender Erik) didn't really care what happened to his Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Or even to the scene at the end of X1 when Wolverine thinks that Rogue is dead and he silently cradles her body. And he didn't even have turn on the waterworks.

In general when you establish a character as this strong silent badass, any strong emotion or tears has to be absolutely earned and he can't just do it at the drop of a hat.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Did you mean you didn't like Wolvie tearing over a lifeless Rogue or you liked it. Sorry just confused by the response and the post you quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Your reply wasn't aimed at me, but I want to chime in and say I thought those scenes didn't really work for me either. Neither did the scene in X3 where Wolverine was sobbing over Xavier's empty wheelchair. To me, the acting wasn't very good in these scenes, the emotion didn't feel sincere.

Compare it with the Xavier/Magneto 'serenity/memory' scene in First Class and that felt very genuine, and very well acted.
I haven't seen a lot of McAvoy movies but he does the same tear wiping scene in Trance (I just saw the movie, it's quite good!). I feel cheated, almost! LOL