View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #77
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Promotion is promotion. Yeah The Lone Ranger flopped even if it had a SuperBowl ad, but other successful films such as Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Oz the Great and Powerful and Fast & Furious 6 - all of them earned more than 200 million in the U.S. alone had a SuperBowl ad. And the price tag for a SuperBowl ad wouldn't reach $4 million if its just for nothing. Other studios are willing to spend millions of money to market and promote their films by buying a Superbowl ad spot, I don't see why FOX shouldn't do the same thing with their X-Men movies especially X-Men is one of FOX's most profitable movie franchises at this point. Not releasing a superbowl ad is just one of the issues with FOX's marketing campaign for The Wolverine. I also don't know why FOX isn't releasing their tentpole films in IMAX theaters while other studios like Disney/Paramount/WB release their tentpole films in IMAX.

And if The Wolverine is a movie that people don't want to see, then tell me why did the film got more than $50 million at the opening weekend. I believe if they marketed earlier and better, it would have earned more money.

And there was a lack of early awareness with The Wolverine, you don't think there is because you visit this site regularly. But the Ga didn't know there was a Wolverine film this year until the late of March.

Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Civil War, Beyond, Ghostbusters, Jason, Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan, Angry Birds, Suicide Squad, Out of the Shadows, Through the Looking Glass, Collision Course, Resurgence, Warcraft.

www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv

Last edited by psylockolussus; 09-03-2013 at 01:18 AM.