View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #78
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Promotion is promotion. Yeah The Lone Ranger flopped even if it had a SuperBowl ad, but other successful films such as Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6 had a SuperBowl ad.
And both Iron Man 3 and Fast and the Furious 6 followed what? The Avengers, the third highest grossing movie in cinema history, and Fast Five, the then highest grossing movie of The Fast and the Furious franchise--both incredibly well received movies. What was The Wolverine seen as a sequel to? X-Men Origins--the worst X-Men movie to date.

Quote:
And the price tag for a SuperBowl ad wouldn't reach $4 million if its just for nothing.
Just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's worth the cost.

Quote:
Other studios are willing to spend millions of money to market and promote their films by buying a Superbowl ad spot, I don't see why FOX shouldn't do the same thing with their X-Men movies.
Because in the case of The Wolverine, it probably wouldn't have been worth it.

Quote:
And there was lack of early awareness with The Wolverine, you don't think there is because you visit this site regularly. But the Ga didn't know there was a Wolverine this year until the late of March.
No, I know there was a lack of early awareness with The Wolverine, but I also know that seeing a trailer in March instead of January isn't what is keeping people out of theaters now.