View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #87
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And if The Wolverine is a movie that people don't want to see, then tell me why did the film got more than $50 million at the opening weekend. I believe if they marketed earlier and better, it would have earned more money.
You're advocating earlier, not necessarily better... unless you think earlier automatically means better and makes for more success. In which case, I disagree.

As for the opening weekend, it's a summer movie starring Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Of course, it's going to draw some interest. That interest, however, is clearly underwhelming, so why don't you tell me why, despite inflation, 3D ticket prices, and having the second largest screen count of all the X-Men movies, The Wolverine not only opened the lowest but continues to gross the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And I'm pretty sure a lot of people here would love to see DOFP get a Superbowl ad next year.
And I think a lot of people here recognize there is a night and day difference between Fox's expectations for The Wolverine and Days of Future Past. Getting word out early on a mega blockbuster, starring some of the biggest names in Hollywood that has general summer blockbuster appeal, is very different than getting word out on a low key, Japanese centered X-Men spin-off that stars Hugh Jackman and a handful of unknown actors. And I don't think you disagree, given how much you like to argue that spin-offs aren't as successful as the team movies to the extent you want Fox to stop prioritizing them.

Last edited by BMM; 09-03-2013 at 03:32 AM.