View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Re: This Franchise Needs a Reboot Bad

I agree that most of the Marvel movies have been some patchwork of 616 and Ultimate. Personally I believe the 616 is overall better and where these franchises have gone 616 it seems for the better. Gwen, for example is much closer in look and feel to 616 than Ultimate. In fact many believe that they need to give us 616 MJ because they have pretty much given us 616 Gwen.

I would not want an Ultimate reboot. That would kind of defeat the purpose of rebooting. A reboot would be for the purpose of going forward with the 616 stories and fixing all of the inconsistencies, dead characters, bad characters, etc.

Ideally they would give us a 616 universe starting post Giant Sixe X-Men #1 with most things already in place. That is what I would want to see, an X-Universe with Magneto already in Genosha or on Asteroid M, X-Factor already established with possibly Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Archangel and Beast making up the team, Xcalibre to be formed soon with Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat, etc. making the team, and the New Mutants being trained at the mansion by the X-Men team of Xavier, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Shadowcat and Nightcrawler. By going this route you have everything in place and ready for an amazing X-Universe.

- You have a core starting team ready for some change
- X Factor in place
- The New Mutants ready to be taken over by Cable to become X-Force
- Xcalibre ready to be formed by known members
- Established Villains
- And the ability to have present and preluding movies

But you are right about one thing, I too wouldn't want to see a reboot if it wasn't done well, which means if it didn't give us the 616 universe we love!!!!!

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote