View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #994
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Star trek 2 the wrath of kahn has to be one of the most boring Star Trek movies ever. I just cannot see what makes frans love this movie. Star Trek into Darkness wipes the floor with it.
You must have a really short attention span.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It happens to be beloved for reasons that are obvious to all. It's about aging, friendship, sacrifice, revenge, loss... It runs the gamut. Plus it has one of the best space battles ever put on film. It redefined the world of Trek for many years and it arguably saved the franchise when the first film was so lukewarmly received. It also is perhaps the best written that those characters have ever been. It is a film filled with quotable lines. I could go on but the thread is about STID. We shall see if this film will garner the following WOK has.
This. All of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Because Star Trek isn't a franchise particularly defined by its villains the way a franchise like Batman is. And its not like it did them any good marketing wise.

Kahn is just so 'meh' at this point. I mean to even sell him as menacing they literally had to bring in a character from the old franchise to come on screen and tell the audience that he's menacing. Ugh.
Why was Khan 'meh?' Star Trek isn't defined by its villains, but Khan is an exception. Its not as if they went out of their way to bring Gul Dukat or Kruge back. The TV series were more about exploration and depicting a better future on Earth, while the films were generally more action oriented. So once again... why not bring Khan, the greatest Star Trek villain, back into this timeline?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"